Deadline for abstract submission: Sep 7, 2020 Sep 14, 2020
Notification of abstract acceptance: Oct 12, 2020
Deadline for paper submission: Nov 16, 2020 Nov 27, 2020
Notification of paper acceptance: Jan 15, 2021 Jan 17, 2021
Deadline for revised paper submission: Feb 15, 2021
Submission of copyright transfer agreement: Feb 15, 2021
All the submissions and reviews are handled via: EasyChair Conference Manager (please login or register). All submissions will be assigned to a topic area by the scientific committee to ensure the technical coherence of the sessions. On notification of acceptance, authors will be invited to submit a manuscript for the publication of a full paper (6 pages). These papers will be fully refereed, and the final decision will be taken on the basis of the full paper.
Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the scientific committee taking into account the following criteria:
1. Relevance and interest of the problem and its solution for the CAPE community.
2. Innovation and improvement over the current state of the art: What are major new accomplishments?
3. Significance of findings: What is the potential impact of the results to the CAPE community?
All papers will be reviewed by the Programming Committee and a very limited number of papers will be moved from regular submission to keynote paper.
Author guideline for abstracts
Abstracts must include: title, list of authors, their affiliations, and an abstract body. The length of the abstract is limited to 3,000 characters, including spaces, numbers and punctuation. It is suggested to include the following information in the abstract:
1. Motivation / Purpose / Background: information about objectives/goals.
2. Study Design / Methods: information about the key methods utilized in the study
3. Major Results / Findings: include quantitative references (key performance indicators, etc.)
4. Conclusion: Include implications of findings, limitations of your study, and recommendations
5. References (add if necessary)
6. Acknowledgements (add if required by your funding institution)
Author guideline for manuscripts
Manuscripts of exactly 6-pages must be prepared according to the template and instructions provided (link). The manuscripts are submitted using the Conference Manager, as a PDF file only. MS Word documents (doc or docx) will be required after the papers are accepted for publication. Please upload your 6-page papers in the EasyChair system by replacing your Abstract with the PDF of your paper.
Please send the ESCAPE-31- copyright transfer.doc associated to each manuscript that has been accepted, and the Permissions Request Form (PRF) if you used any third-party materials. These documents (CTA & PRF) must be e-mailed to email@example.com – as (scanned) PDF files – together with the revised paper (in MS Word format) before February 15, 2021. Please use the following naming convention: CTA – paper number, and PRF – paper number, respectively.
When submitting an abstract / paper to ESCAPE-31, you are accepting that:
1. The accuracy of the submitted information/results is the responsibility of the authors. Authors should prepare and proofread their abstracts carefully prior to submission.
2. The authors have not presented these results to another scientific meeting and/or published the same information in a scientific journal, nor will the information be published elsewhere. If the paper is finally accepted, the transfer of the publishing rights will be required. Thus, authors must be the copyright holder, or have permission to publish the content (text, figures, etc.) in the conference proceedings.
Work presented at the conference will be published (following usual ESCAPE policies) in a new volume of Computer Aided Chemical Engineering book series from Elsevier. All the papers will have a 6 pages limit per contribution. All the accepted papers (plenary lectures, keynote lectures, oral presentations, and poster presentations) will be published in the symposium’s proceedings by Elsevier. All the papers will be made available to participants as electronic media (PDF document).
Extended papers will be published in a special issue of Computers and Chemical Engineering.